* Age when I decided I wanted to be a writer: Hmm. I'm going to guess and say I was probably 9 or 10. Maybe earlier.
* Age when I “wrote” my first story: Again. 9 or 10.
* Age when I got my hands on a typewriter: My memory sucks. I'm thinking the old manual typewriter arrived right around age 12 or 13. Maybe earlier. Eventually I upgraded to an electric and then an electronic typewriter.
* Age when I wrote my first novel: 15 or 16 - it was a historical romance that I wrote on the back of scrap stationary from my mom's office. I remember it had a green masthead.
* Novels written between age 4 and age 34: Guessing here. I'm going to say roughly 5 completed novels with many stories who died in infancy.
* Age when I first submitted a short story to a magazine: I've never submitted to a magazine.
* Thickness of file of rejection slips prior to first story sale: I've only put my stuff out there a handful of times. Rejections can be counted on one hand.
* Age when I sold my first short story: TBA
* Age when I first came close to selling a novel: TBA
* Age when I killed my first market: TBA
* Age when I was first told I had no talent (by an editor): Hasn't happened yet. But I assume the risk increases with the number of submissions mailed.
* Age I was first told I had no talent (by a reader): Not yet.
* Age when I first sold a non-fiction book: I don't see this ever happening.
* Age when I first sold a poem: I don't write poetry unless it's for a grade.
* Age when I
next wrote a saleable novel: TBA
* Age when that novel was published: TBA
* Age when the second saleable novel finally sold: TBA
* Age when a work was first shortlisted for a Hugo, Nebula, World Fantasy or Stoker award: ha ha ha ha ha ha
* Age when the second saleable novel came out: TBA
* Age when the third saleable novel came out: TBA
* Age when the fourth saleable novel came out: TBA
* Age when I first won a Hugo award: again...uncontrollable laughter
* Age when I finally shut down the day-job and became a full-time novelist: Hasn't happened yet. I'm hoping writing can become full-time after I retire from the evil day job.
* Age when the money coming in matched/exceeded my previous employment: TBA or never...we'll have to wait and see.
* Age when I returned to the day-job because of economic implosion: Let's hope if I get lucky enough to do this writing full time, this never happens.
* Age now: 35
* Number of books sold: A big fat zero.
* Number of titles in print: This is a depressing meme.
* Number of titles fallen out of print: Bahahaha
Post a Comment