Skip to main content

Busy Weekend

Sometimes the weekends are so busy it feels as if I've hardly had a chance to sit down and relax. When you work full-time inside and outside the home, sitting and relaxing can be very important. It's good for your health, mental and physical.

This weekend was so very busy. No wonder I'm sitting here exhausted.

Friday:

Friday night, after work, we picked up the kids and drove out to my cousin's house. My hubby had fixed her computer and as payment she and her husband took us out to dinner. We went to the Capri, which we used to frequent on our double-dates during high school. Only it's been 16 years and there were four extra people sitting at the table: our two boys, their two girls. It's hard to believe the four us--me and my husband, her and her husband--used to regularly go out on double-dates and now we're all married and procreating. Two sets of high school sweethearts. What are the odds?

After dinner we went back to their house. I looked at her scrapbook and helped her with a two page spread while our kids destroyed the playroom and our husbands watched the Piston's game. We had just cleaned up the messes (scrapbooking and kids toys) when the Piston's game erupted into foolishness. I've never been so ashamed of our fans! I sincerely hope the video tapes lead to some arrests. And I'm glad the NBA acted quickly and decisively with their punishments to the players involved.

Saturday:

I cleaned my house. This may not sound all that impressive but you have no idea how dirty it was! I swept and mopped, vacuumed (including doing the edging and the stairs), did laundry, cleaned the two main floor bathrooms.

I also had to take a quiz and participate in the weekly discussion thread for my online class. I'm so ready for this semester to be over! And I'm wondering why I'm torturing myself with another class in the Winter...

After finishing housework and homework, I finally jumped in the shower and got ready to go out. A group of us (me and the hubby, his sister and her hubby, and our best friends) were going to the movies. Once ready I had to drop the kids off at my dad's house and rush back home--hubby had shot a doe prior to my leaving and was hoping the other two guys would be able to help him get it hung up. Of course, that didn't go as smoothly as he had hoped, which meant we were even more rushed than we already had been.

But what did all this rushing result in? Arriving at the theatre five minutes before the movie was scheduled to start only to find a line stretching across the front of the building. A line! Well, the first showing of National Treasure was at 7:15 and the next wasn't until 10:00. We had nearly three hours to waste. So, we went out to dinner, which turned out to be a lot of fun. We ordered appetizers and dessert with our drinks and spent the next two hours talking and laughing.

The movie was pretty good. Very long, though. It was nearly 1:00 a.m. by the time we got home.

Sunday

I had set the alarm for 8:00 a.m. to make sure I had plenty of time to get myself ready for church and then to get over to my dad's house to get the boys ready. Perfect timing. I got to my dad's to find his girlfriend and my sister (the one who is living with him because her husband's an ass) had fed the kids breakfast. I put the boys into the shower, got them dressed, and ready to go in plenty of time. Then my sister and I, with our four kids, went off to church while Dad's girlfriend went off to AA.

After church I went home, changed into comfy clothes, ate lunch, and packed up my scrapbooking supplies. My sister-in-law had invited me and my sister over. So while our children--a total of 7--played outside and napped, we scrapbooked. I got a two-page spread done, my sister got one page done, and my sister-in-law got three pages done. Not a very productive session but I guess some progress is better than none.

I got home around 6:30. While I took care of my stuff, hubby made dinner for the boys and himself. (I did the microwave thing for myself) After we ate, my 6 year old had reading homework to do, which both hubby and I helped with. After homework it was finally time to settle the kids down with a movie.

Finally, at 8:00 p.m. on Sunday evening, I was able to sit down and relax!

Comments

  1. I buy my paper mostly at Michael's or JoAnn's. I love the "Stacks" found at JoAnn's and often use my 40% off coupon to really get a deal.

    Of course, I'm also lucky to be within driving distance of several scrapbook stores. I've also ordered online and even found items at WalMart and Meijer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They saved the finger..

This was supposed to be an easy, carefree weekend.  One of those rare weekends where spontaneity is possible because plans were not made ahead of time.  We could lounge on the couch, work on our hobbies, or even do a little shopping.  And, no, I'm not referring to the necessary evil of grocery shopping, but the much more enjoyable version where you get to buy things that actually make you happy. Because the oldest boy needed some pants and the youngest could use a new pair of shoes, I decided to head into the city to do some shopping at Kohl's.  Of course, my decision to shop there was not quite so altruistic.  Mama needed a new bathing suit! So, I pack the kids up and head into the city.  The youngest picks out his shoes . The oldest tries on a few pairs of jeans and ends up with two in the basket.  Did I mention we have to shop in the men's department now?  That he's wearing size 29?  My baby is growing up! Then it was Mom's turn.  I was looking ove

Camping with Little Boys

  Our first travel trailer. I don't remember camping much with my family as a kid. This is likely because we always had the same vacation destination: a family plot in Baldwin, MI. There was no cabin there. Instead, there were two structures: a small, silver camper and an old single-wide trailer. The silver camper is gone but the single-wide still sits there and is used by extended family members to this day.  It wasn't until I was a teenager that my step-mom and dad bought a pop-up trailer and we started camping elsewhere in the state. My memory isn't the greatest, but I'm almost certain they got the pop-up after I started dating Ken. Eventually, my parents upgraded to a fifth wheel that my dad still pulls around to various nearby camping spots. Ken, by contrast, didn't have a set vacation destination growing up. His family camped. They started out with a truck-bed camper, I believe, and eventually upgraded to a fifth wheel.  Ken and I vacationed both in Baldwin an

It Should Be Our 28th Wedding Anniversary

I had to do the math twice. Probably because I'm really bad at math. Today should have been our 28th wedding anniversary. We only made it to 26, which is so impressive when you consider how many marriages end in divorce.  So, because I have no doubt in my mind we would have been married still today had cancer not taken him, I want to honor our special day. So, here's a Happy Should Have Been Anniversary to my hubby in heaven.  Today, as I recognize what should have been and think about what was, I figured I'd share not only some lovely pictures from our wedding day but I'd explain how this widow plans to move through October 15, 2022.  In just a little bit, I'm joining another Millington widow at a Widow's Luncheon, which is being hosted by the Amish Church in Millington. I'm a bit nervous, to be honest, because I don't know what to expect. On my best days, I consider mys