Skip to main content

Christmas Through The Years

I thought it might be fun to pull together some old Christmas pictures.

An old scanned photo from when Ken and his sister,
Ronnie, were little.  That's their dad in the front. I'd say this
one was taken in the mid- to late 70s.

Me and my dad.  Mid-70s. Am I crying or laughing?  I bet I'm crying.  
Early 80s.  Pictured here are my mom and dad, my two brothers, and me. I have no
idea where this picture was taken.   

This one makes me laugh!  Let's see.  My Uncle Steve and Aunt Monica
with a few of their kids, my siblings and me, and another random nephew (David).
My grandma is walking into the frame.  I don't recognize the house.  What I do find funny,
though, are the poses my cousin, Jessica, and I are modeling.  She's in the red dress and I'm
in way too much pink. 


From the mid 1980s, if I had to guess, which I do.  Holding the fire truck is
  my youngest brother, Jason.  This picture was taken at our step-grandmother's house.
In the background is Uncle David, my step-mom's brother.

Ken and I were still dating when this picture was taken.
This is our nephew, Andrew, sitting with Santa.

KC in our first house (Cleveland Avenue in Flint, MI).

The first Christmas with all four of us.  Gage was probably only a couple of weeks
old at this time.  KC would be three in just a couple of months. 

This was truly a Charlie Brown Christmas tree.  We were days away from moving out
of our first home and into our new house.  There was just too much going on to worry
about getting a traditional Christmas tree that year.  Gage and KC didn't seem to mind.


Gage sitting on Grandpa Heiser's lap while they both admire the Christmas train. 

My boys with their first cousins on my side of the family.  Pictured here with their
Grandpa and Grandma Clifford (my mom and step-dad).

My boys with the Bronners' Santa.  If you're not familiar with Bronners, Google Bronners
in Frankenmuth, Michigan.  The place is Christmas 24/7/365. 

Christmas tree hunting at Windy Hills Tree Farm.  Ken and the boys enjoying the
warmth of a bonfire after chopping down our tree. 

A guitar for Christmas.  I think he played it that day and never touched it again. 

My brothers, sister, and me at the Sherman Family Christmas party.  Yes, I'm the oldest.

My boys posing for a Christmas card photo.  They're such good sports!

The boys and their Heiser cousins.  Yep, there's only the four boys on Ken's side of the family. 


The year we took my dad to see a live production of the Christmas Carol at the Flint Youth Theatre.  

Grandma and Grandpa Heiser (Ken's parents) posing with us in front of our Christmas tree.

The boys with Dexter.  It's crazy how fast these kids grow!!!

Decorating the tree.  It looks like it just needs a bit more garland
and some bulbs.  P.S.  No one enjoys decorating the tree at my house.
Bunch of spoil sports. 

For the last few years we've ventured out on Christmas night to go play games at Ken's
sister and brother-in-law's house.  The kids usually stay home playing their new video games,
but they're welcome to come hang out with their older cousins for a couple of hours.

Christmas 2016.  My dad with all of his grandkids.  

Tomorrow, I'll post a recap of Christmas 2017!  I hope you enjoyed this little walk down Christmas Memory Lane. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camping with Little Boys

  Our first travel trailer. I don't remember camping much with my family as a kid. This is likely because we always had the same vacation destination: a family plot in Baldwin, MI. There was no cabin there. Instead, there were two structures: a small, silver camper and an old single-wide trailer. The silver camper is gone but the single-wide still sits there and is used by extended family members to this day.  It wasn't until I was a teenager that my step-mom and dad bought a pop-up trailer and we started camping elsewhere in the state. My memory isn't the greatest, but I'm almost certain they got the pop-up after I started dating Ken. Eventually, my parents upgraded to a fifth wheel that my dad still pulls around to various nearby camping spots. Ken, by contrast, didn't have a set vacation destination growing up. His family camped. They started out with a truck-bed camper, I believe, and eventually upgraded to a fifth wheel.  Ken and I vacationed both in Baldwin an

They saved the finger..

This was supposed to be an easy, carefree weekend.  One of those rare weekends where spontaneity is possible because plans were not made ahead of time.  We could lounge on the couch, work on our hobbies, or even do a little shopping.  And, no, I'm not referring to the necessary evil of grocery shopping, but the much more enjoyable version where you get to buy things that actually make you happy. Because the oldest boy needed some pants and the youngest could use a new pair of shoes, I decided to head into the city to do some shopping at Kohl's.  Of course, my decision to shop there was not quite so altruistic.  Mama needed a new bathing suit! So, I pack the kids up and head into the city.  The youngest picks out his shoes . The oldest tries on a few pairs of jeans and ends up with two in the basket.  Did I mention we have to shop in the men's department now?  That he's wearing size 29?  My baby is growing up! Then it was Mom's turn.  I was looking ove

It Should Be Our 28th Wedding Anniversary

I had to do the math twice. Probably because I'm really bad at math. Today should have been our 28th wedding anniversary. We only made it to 26, which is so impressive when you consider how many marriages end in divorce.  So, because I have no doubt in my mind we would have been married still today had cancer not taken him, I want to honor our special day. So, here's a Happy Should Have Been Anniversary to my hubby in heaven.  Today, as I recognize what should have been and think about what was, I figured I'd share not only some lovely pictures from our wedding day but I'd explain how this widow plans to move through October 15, 2022.  In just a little bit, I'm joining another Millington widow at a Widow's Luncheon, which is being hosted by the Amish Church in Millington. I'm a bit nervous, to be honest, because I don't know what to expect. On my best days, I consider mys