Skip to main content

Travel Bucket List

I've split this into two categories - Travel Abroad and Travel within the US. I figure the destinations in the latter category are, for the most part, doable.  The hubby and I love to travel, but our pocket book only allows us to do so much.  


Travel Abroad



1.  Egypt
This is why it's at the top of the bucket list: it's the one trip I fear I will never take.  Given the political climate there, it's a little too dangerous for my liking.  However, I am fascinated by Ancient Egypt and would love, love, love to visit some of the historical landmarks that make that country so famous.

2.  England / Scotland / Wales
I'm lumping these together because I have this idea that visiting all three would be possible if we gave ourselves enough time.  I'd want to rent a car and drive from the big cities, like London, to the more rural areas.  I'd want to see as many castles as possible and perhaps indulge in a guided tour or two. 

3.  Ireland
Again, the history nut in me would want to go in search of castles and tours. 

4. Italy - Venice
Visit what appears to be a  floating city?  Yes, please. 

5. Italy - Rome
Oh, the architecture and history!  I think I just nerd-gasmed.  

6.  Belize
Not only does this appear to be a tropical paradise, it's also home to some Mayan ruins I would love to visit. 

7.  Maldives or Bora Bora
I think it would be amazing to stay in an overwater bungalo. 

8. Aruba
I've heard the weather is amazing and the scenery stunning. 

9.  Caribbean Islands Cruise
I'd probably try to find one that includes either St. Maarten or St. Thomas, but really I'd be happy to visit almost anywhere in that general area. 

10.  Iceland
I hear they have a spectacular view of the northern lights.

Travel within the US


1.  Yellowstone National Park - Wyoming
I've always wanted to visit Yellowstone.  This last year, we made it happen.  It was a two week vacation filled with many, many hours of driving.  We drove across the country to get there.  We drove through the park.  We drove through Beartooth Pass into Montana.  We drove down to South Dakota to visit Deadwood, Mt. Rushmore, and the Badlands National Park.  Then we drove home.  

I wouldn't change a thing.  It was one of the most beautiful trips we've taken so far.  I'd go back in a heartbeat.

2.  Badlands National Park - South Dakota
Another national park we can cross off our list.  The thing is, though, I would love to go back.  It was stunning in an alien kind of way.  

3.  Glacier National Park - Montana
I've been told it's gorgeous and should be on my bucket list.  So, here it is. 

3.  Boston, Massachusetts
I don't really have a reason.  I just want to go there and see what the fuss is all about. 

4.  New Orleans, Louisiana 
I want to experience Mardi Gras at least once.  That is all. 

5.  Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
This one is about to be crossed off the list.  Pictures to come!

6.  New York, New York
I'd want to visit the 9/11 memorial, Central Park, the Statue of Liberty, and Times Square.  I'd also try to talk Ken into a Broadway Show.    

7.  Acadia National Park - Maine
Technically, we've visited this park.  For a day.  It wasn't nearly a long enough and I vote for a second, more extended stay!  

8.  Yosemite National Park - California
I love national parks.  As this one is so famous, I'm sure 

9.  Grand Teton National Park - Wyoming
See #8 for an explanation. 

10.  Redwood National Park - California
I need to see those trees.  Really, I do.  I don't think pictures can do justice to their immensity. 

11.  Alaska
This is one of the places I'd like to visit from the deck of an ocean liner.  I want to see the orca whales at play and spot an eagle or two perched in the treetops.
11.  Hawaii
This trip has been moved down the list year after year, but I think I'd still like to visit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camping with Little Boys

  Our first travel trailer. I don't remember camping much with my family as a kid. This is likely because we always had the same vacation destination: a family plot in Baldwin, MI. There was no cabin there. Instead, there were two structures: a small, silver camper and an old single-wide trailer. The silver camper is gone but the single-wide still sits there and is used by extended family members to this day.  It wasn't until I was a teenager that my step-mom and dad bought a pop-up trailer and we started camping elsewhere in the state. My memory isn't the greatest, but I'm almost certain they got the pop-up after I started dating Ken. Eventually, my parents upgraded to a fifth wheel that my dad still pulls around to various nearby camping spots. Ken, by contrast, didn't have a set vacation destination growing up. His family camped. They started out with a truck-bed camper, I believe, and eventually upgraded to a fifth wheel.  Ken and I vacationed both in Baldwin an

They saved the finger..

This was supposed to be an easy, carefree weekend.  One of those rare weekends where spontaneity is possible because plans were not made ahead of time.  We could lounge on the couch, work on our hobbies, or even do a little shopping.  And, no, I'm not referring to the necessary evil of grocery shopping, but the much more enjoyable version where you get to buy things that actually make you happy. Because the oldest boy needed some pants and the youngest could use a new pair of shoes, I decided to head into the city to do some shopping at Kohl's.  Of course, my decision to shop there was not quite so altruistic.  Mama needed a new bathing suit! So, I pack the kids up and head into the city.  The youngest picks out his shoes . The oldest tries on a few pairs of jeans and ends up with two in the basket.  Did I mention we have to shop in the men's department now?  That he's wearing size 29?  My baby is growing up! Then it was Mom's turn.  I was looking ove

It Should Be Our 28th Wedding Anniversary

I had to do the math twice. Probably because I'm really bad at math. Today should have been our 28th wedding anniversary. We only made it to 26, which is so impressive when you consider how many marriages end in divorce.  So, because I have no doubt in my mind we would have been married still today had cancer not taken him, I want to honor our special day. So, here's a Happy Should Have Been Anniversary to my hubby in heaven.  Today, as I recognize what should have been and think about what was, I figured I'd share not only some lovely pictures from our wedding day but I'd explain how this widow plans to move through October 15, 2022.  In just a little bit, I'm joining another Millington widow at a Widow's Luncheon, which is being hosted by the Amish Church in Millington. I'm a bit nervous, to be honest, because I don't know what to expect. On my best days, I consider mys