The challenge for day 3 is to talk about things that make me uncomfortable.
- Road Rage. While this is not something I do, it is something I've seen in others. It not only makes me uncomfortable, it scares me. Maybe I've seen too many episodes of Criminal Minds, which has resulted in my cynical view that most people are C-R-A-Z-Y, but I'm always afraid the other guy could be armed and dangerous.
- Space invaders. No, not the little green men from Mars kind. I'm talking here about people who get into my bubble. What can I say? I like a little bit of elbow room!
- Making it public. I don't like arguing in general, but make it a public argument and I'm wishing I was anywhere but there, even if I'm not directly involved. Disagreements between family members should take place in the privacy of one's home, not in a crowd. Oh, and snide remarks are no better. They may be presented as a joke in some passive/aggressive maneuver, but they have the power to make everyone just as uncomfortable as a full-blown fight.
- Singing happy birthday in public. My voice is not pretty. When alone in the car, I crank the music until I can't hear myself singing along. So the idea of singing happy birthday out in public...yeah, that's not happening.
- Racist, homophobic, or generally insensitive remarks. I don't think they're funny or warranted. Do I really need to explain this one?
I'm sure the list could go on and on, but those were the first five that occurred to me.
Whew! Glad this post is behind me!