If you're like me and you subscribe to more blogs than you possibly keep up with, you may not have noticed that I've been on hiatus. Not intentionally, mind you. I didn't plan to go a month or more between updates. It just happened to work out that way.
Nothing earth-shattering or life-altering has occurred. I've just been busy out there in the land of Real Life.
- School has started. Not just for my kids, but for me, too. This means most of my evenings are spent reading textbooks or articles, or working on assignments. I have two classes this semester that require I pay close attention to due dates.
- American English
- 10 response papers (3-5 pages on average).
- Create and administer a survey.
- Translate a recorded bit of speech into IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet).
- Major Project: one-hour interview, analysis, and some translation (I think). Details are supposed to be shared next week.
- Teaching College Comp
- 10 annotated bibliographies.
- Create a writing assignment for a first year composition course.
- Blackboard Discussions every other week.
- Create a syllabus for a first year composition course.
- Create a teaching philosophy statement.
- Grammar Spot (10 minutes of instruction on a grammar element of my choice).
- It's football season and both of my boys are playing. The youngest has had a game every Saturday for the last three or four weeks; we have two more to go, I believe. My oldest is playing for the JV team on Thursday nights; only one more game remains in his season.
|Youngest is #47|
|Oldest is #66|
- That pesky thing called work also eats up a great deal of time. I'm definitely thinking a vacation may be in order soon, probably right around final project deadlines.
- I may have also hosted an online catalog party for Thirty-One so I could buy this: