I'm not that lucky. Not when it comes to finding down time, that is. Busy, busy, busy...that's us! We've got wrestling practice twice a week (at a minimum), at least one day tied up in wrestling meets, Tuesday night classes for me , and Thursday night bowling for the hubby. If we're lucky, we get a Friday night to chill at home and one day on the weekend to catch up on homework and housework. That's the routine. Throw in the occasional birthday party, photography session, or shopping trip and things get really hectic.
So, imagine how much I'm looking forward to a weekend of scrapbooking with the girls? I'd say bring on the frufru drinks, but we're going to a Christian campground where alcohol is prohibited, so instead I'll celebrate with a Diet Coke and some healthy trail mix.
Now, if it weren't for the fact that I'm leaving the scrapbooking event and catching a plane to Chicago, I'd be leaving early anyhow to go watch the boys wrestle their little hearts out. But, did you notice the bit there about catching a flight to Chicago? Yep! It's true. My office is sending me to Chicago to attend a conference. Wahoo!
Now I just need to get ready for both trips. Here's my to-do list:
- clean up my scrapbooking room
- pack up my scrapbooking materials (dependent upon completion of item #1)
- pick up photos from Walgreens.
- pack clothes (mostly PJs) for scrapbooking trip
- wash the piles of dirty clothes sitting in the basement before leaving on scrapbooking trip
- pack suitcase and laptop case for business trip
- remind my dad to take me to the airport (hubby and kids will be at a wrestling meet)
- print off itinerary
- make sure cell phone charger is packed
- throw all my scrapbooking stuff back in the basement before my dad picks me up