- Which expensive electronic device do you most often let your older children abuse or your baby drool on?
The kids aren't allowed to abuse anything I consider "mine". I'm a bit selfish that way. However, in my defense, my boys are incredibly spoiled and have expensive electronics of their own that they most definitely abuse; namely, their Nintendo DSs and games.
- How many take-out restaurant numbers do you have programmed into your phone?
I used to have the pizza place down the road from our house pre-programmed but that was three or four phones ago. So, in truth, none!
- How many hours of television do you so totally not let your kids watch a week?
Well, they sleep and go to school. So, if we add those hours together, I'd say they get about an 17 or 18 hour break from television. Of course, if we're talking weekends, I'd say they get more time in front of the television than I do.
- Do you think people who say “we don’t watch television” at play dates but really mean “we just watch DVDs” are lying liars from Liarville?
Um. Yeah. Although I must admit I kind of admire those people who have the ability to live without television. They must get so much reading done or spend lots of family time around the table playing games. That seems kind of idyllic. Or terrifying. Not sure which.
- How many miles have you driven with your child and not one device of electronic entertainment in a single car trip?
This is terrible. Rarely do I refuse to allow them their distractions. The last time I did I think they had to be in the car for about a half-hour without their games.
- What’s your record for calls to the pediatrician or Ask-a-Nurse in a single day?
Probably 2 or 3 at the most. I'm more of the make-an-appointment or give-me-approval- -to-take-them-to-the-ER type of mom. The last time I remember calling the doctor after hours more than once I ended up insisting on taking the child to the hospital even though the doctor thought I was overreacting. (Yes, he was right. But how was I supposed to know he had inherited my vasovegal issues and there wasn't something seriously wrong?)
- What’s the sexiest thing your partner could text you after a hard day?
That would require my phone having texting capabilities.
- What’s your favorite iPad joke?
What, there's already jokes out there floating about the internets? Dang! I need to get to Googling!
- What’s the dumbest parenting tool, gear, gadget or device you ever bought?
The ones that don't come with rechargeable batteries. Those are the worst!
- How many years will it take for your child to become more tech-savvy than you?
Supporting the Online Helpdesk at work forces me to keep up my tech-savvy skills. However, given that my kids are growing up with the technology, I imagine by high school they'll be one (or two or three or four) steps ahead of me. Luckily, that day hasn't come yet!