November 19, 2008

Giving Thanks - Day 2


Ken
Originally uploaded by Krheiser

How could I not be thankful for my husband? He's many things to many people, but to me he's the world. He's the one I turn to in times of happiness and sorrow. He's the one I laugh and cry with. There are so many things this man means to me and there are so many reasons I give thanks that he choose me when he could have chosen another.

I am thankful for the times he's listened me rant when I really should have just shut up.

I am thankful for the times when I'm sick and he's taken care of everything so I can rest.

I am thankful for the thoughtful little presents he brings home from the grocery store (chocolate, mainly).

I am thankful for the flowers he surprises me with "just because".

I am thankful for the nights when he cooks dinner. Eventually the kids would tire of cereal, pizza, and frozen dinners..

I am thankful he knows how to run a dishwasher and a washing machine.

I am thankful he's the type of dad who makes pancakes every weekend for his boys.

I am thankful he lets me watch my strange and bizarre sci-fi shows.

I am thankful he's in my corner.

I am thankful he's got hobbies of his own, which makes him very tolerant and accepting of mine.

I am thankful he supports my dreams.

I am thankful he loves me.