Skip to main content

Long Weekend

I really think we should get more long weekends. They're wonderful and refreshing and relaxing.

Friday the family and I went over to visit with my brother and his family. While the guys hung out in the garage fixing the axle on a trailer, my sister-in-law and I chatted in the house about this and that. She's about halfway through her pregnancy for what we believe will be their fourth boy - she's already had one ultrasound that provided a glimpse of male genitalia.

A little bit later my other brother and his family showed up. I feel bad because we didn't stay and visit very long after they arrived. Not that I think either of my sisters-in-law cared. They were exhausted, too. All three of us had been up early to take advantage of the Black Friday sales - I went solo this year, which was not nearly as enjoyable as going with a partner or two. In any event, we only stayed at my brother's house that night until about 8 p.m.

Yesterday we got a sitter so the adults could have a night out. We went and watched Beowulf in 3D at the IMax. One word: Amazing. While the storyline dragged in a few places, the special 3D effects were so astounding, it really didn't matter. I can't even imagine what they'll be able to do with I Am Legend, but I'm willing to find out. It's suppose to open on December 14 at the IMax. I don't know if we'll be able to afford it, but I'd love to go see it before it's replaced by something else. Besides, it's Will Smith. What's not to love?

After the movies we went out to a restaurant/bar for a drink. Really. One drink. I had hot chocolate because alcohol just didn't sound good. After dropping the babysitter off at home, we came back and played 31 (a.k.a "Tonk") for a bit. Mostly I got to listen to my dad tell stories about his past, which wouldn't be so bad if Dad had any concept of "too much information". There were a few times I had to shush him, which made him laugh and keep right on a-going. I think we made it to bed around 1:30 in the morning.

Today I've been incredibly lazy. I watched some TIVOed television shows. Men in Trees was pretty good and I'm hoping they don't do something stupid and kill off Jack. Then again, he does kind of annoy me as a character, so maybe I wouldn't care too much. And what's up with Cash? I'm thinking he has cancer or maybe even AIDS. Wouldn't that take some gutsy writing to have an AIDS afflicted character on such an otherwise light-weight, feel-good show? Probably won't happen. Too controversial.

After Men in Trees I watched Torchwood. It was a so-so episode for me. I'm a bit disappointed in some of the character development this week. We'll have to see how the season finale wraps up I guess.

Oh, and I'm totally missing Stargate Atlantis. I think it's suppose to be back next week.

Now that I'm all caught up on my horrible, terrible, time-consuming television addiction, I'm ready to move on to homework, scrapbooking, reading, writing, and housework. Not necessarily in that order. Oh, and I should throw in a shower for good measure!

I hope everyone else had an enjoyable weekend!

Comments

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is worried they are trying to kill him off. How did you like the whole "Donna" thing in the show? That would so be my luck! So, what did you think about October Road last night?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They saved the finger..

This was supposed to be an easy, carefree weekend.  One of those rare weekends where spontaneity is possible because plans were not made ahead of time.  We could lounge on the couch, work on our hobbies, or even do a little shopping.  And, no, I'm not referring to the necessary evil of grocery shopping, but the much more enjoyable version where you get to buy things that actually make you happy. Because the oldest boy needed some pants and the youngest could use a new pair of shoes, I decided to head into the city to do some shopping at Kohl's.  Of course, my decision to shop there was not quite so altruistic.  Mama needed a new bathing suit! So, I pack the kids up and head into the city.  The youngest picks out his shoes . The oldest tries on a few pairs of jeans and ends up with two in the basket.  Did I mention we have to shop in the men's department now?  That he's wearing size 29?  My baby is growing up! Then it was Mom's turn.  I was looking ove

Camping with Little Boys

  Our first travel trailer. I don't remember camping much with my family as a kid. This is likely because we always had the same vacation destination: a family plot in Baldwin, MI. There was no cabin there. Instead, there were two structures: a small, silver camper and an old single-wide trailer. The silver camper is gone but the single-wide still sits there and is used by extended family members to this day.  It wasn't until I was a teenager that my step-mom and dad bought a pop-up trailer and we started camping elsewhere in the state. My memory isn't the greatest, but I'm almost certain they got the pop-up after I started dating Ken. Eventually, my parents upgraded to a fifth wheel that my dad still pulls around to various nearby camping spots. Ken, by contrast, didn't have a set vacation destination growing up. His family camped. They started out with a truck-bed camper, I believe, and eventually upgraded to a fifth wheel.  Ken and I vacationed both in Baldwin an

It Should Be Our 28th Wedding Anniversary

I had to do the math twice. Probably because I'm really bad at math. Today should have been our 28th wedding anniversary. We only made it to 26, which is so impressive when you consider how many marriages end in divorce.  So, because I have no doubt in my mind we would have been married still today had cancer not taken him, I want to honor our special day. So, here's a Happy Should Have Been Anniversary to my hubby in heaven.  Today, as I recognize what should have been and think about what was, I figured I'd share not only some lovely pictures from our wedding day but I'd explain how this widow plans to move through October 15, 2022.  In just a little bit, I'm joining another Millington widow at a Widow's Luncheon, which is being hosted by the Amish Church in Millington. I'm a bit nervous, to be honest, because I don't know what to expect. On my best days, I consider mys