70 Days of Sweat Challenge

I wish I could say I did it. I wish I could say that I met my goal and completed the rough draft of my novel.

I can't.

Although I started out strong and definitely made progress, I fizzled. School started for both me and the kidlets. I started exercising on a regular basis (I know! The shock!). Of course this meant that something had to give. Unfortunately, it happened to be my writing. I lost lunch hours to homework. I lost evenings to exercise, helping the kids with their homework, or inept housecleaning (seriously..my house is a wreck).

Only recently have I been regaining momentum. After I finished reading the last few pages of my reading assignment on my lunch hour, I pulled out the WIP and actually managed to get a couple hundred words.

At the end of the 70 Days of Sweat my WIP total word count is 61,086. This means I gained a total of 23,424 words. It's better than nothing, but I really wanted to get my 60K or more. I wanted to finish my rough draft.

I am disappointed in myself.

Popular posts from this blog

80s Festival

My Favorite Books of 2016

No-bake Cookies