Boat Trip 2007

This weekend we had our second annual boat trip. This was an adult only trip, no kids and no pets. We shipped our boys and the four-legged daughter (aka "the dog") off to the grandparents for a few nights. While they fished and swam, saw a movie, and made messes, we enjoyed some adult conversation and many relaxing hours on the water.

Here are a few pictures from our long weekend.

The hubby and my B-I-L, Troy

Kenny after he attempted to use the wake board

Us Girls (Terri, Ronnie, and myself)

Kenny water skiing

As you can see we had a lot of fun. The first day we spent almost 11 hours on the in-land waterway. We buzzed across two lakes and meandered through two rivers. We played on a sandbar and ate lunch in the back of the boat. We also applied layer upon layer of sunscreen. Of course, Terri and I got burned anyhow, but that's not unusual.

The next day our boat trip only took four hours. We went through a lock - 16 foot drop - and out into Lake Huron. Unfortunately, the boat decided to take a crapper. We started taking on water and the bilge pump quit working. So there we were on the river bailing water. Well, the guys were bailing. Us girls decided to lay out on the bow with the radio playing in our ear and let the men tend to keeping the boat afloat.

Me helping to keep the boat steady in the lock

Hey, I wasn't sticking my hands down by the engine while it was running. Oh, heck no! Better to just get out of their way.

We didn't let the boat problems ruin the rest of our trip though. When we got back to the campground we stayed in our suits and went to the beach. The waves were amazing. The swells were perfect for floaties, so we ran back to the camper and blew up the kids' rings. Still can't believe we managed to squeeze those over our shoulders! We might have looked hilarious, but we had so much fun walking out and riding the waves back into shore.

The fun didn't stop at the beach. We ended up having company show up right around dinner time. Phil and Beth, who introduced us to the In-land waterway last year, came up for the night. They went to the beach with us after dinner and then came back for some bonfire entertainment. I guess we were laughing a little too loudly because a park ranger came around and told us it was quiet time. Oops.

That pretty much concludes the weekend. We're home now. The boys and the mutt are back from Grandma and Grandpa's. The camper is unpacked and the laundry is in the basement waiting for me to get off my lazy behind. I really don't feel like doing laundry, though, so I think it'll be okay waiting one more night.