Skip to main content

Bits of trivia

So, the hubby started a blog! I'm surprised and curious. I wonder what he's going to post over there...better not be complaining about his perfect, sweet little wifey poo. But why would he? It's hard to grump about perfection. (~wink~) Nah, I'm sure there will be pictures of brew pots and grain and beer bottling systems. Maybe a picture of two of the latest hunt or catch.

I also thought I'd mention that I finished my final exam today. The studying is done! Yay. I doubt I'll get a 100% on this one, but I think I did well enough to get at least a B in the class. Had I done better on my first paper (don't ask), I might have even guesstimated a low A. Oh, well.

This means I can now focus my energy on more enjoyable tasks. I plan on working on the collab again. Just waiting on my sister (hint, hint) to finish the prologue and the second chapter. In the meantime, though, I can work on my vampire story.

I've got a bit of work to do with that particular story. My mom has given me some Bible references I plan on reading to help gain some inspiration. There are many elements in this book that are tied to God, Satan, angels and demons. I like to think I'm putting a unique twist on it. It's so hard to tell with all the vampire books out there I haven't read. Be assured, though, that I believe in Good over Evil, that love triumphs.

I also plan on breaking out my brand new deck of Tarot cards. Now, don't freak out on me. This is something I'm going to try in order to help with character development. It has nothing to do with telling the future or messing with anything Satanic. Of course I realize this will not relieve those of you who see them as an instrument of the devil, so let me try to explain why I've purchased these cards and how I plan on using them.

I first heard about using Tarot cards as a source of visual inspiration from Holly Lisle. She recommends buying a deck if you plan on using her Create a Plot book. Now I haven't purchased this book yet, but that's only because I'm waiting to make sure the book is fully edited.

Basically, if understand the little bit that has been mentioned on the subject, the Tarot cards are used to help the writer break away from their first instincts in plotting. By using the surprise selection of a few decorative cards the writer must figure out how to make the meaning, symbology, or elements of the artwork work for their story. Want to see how it works? Joely posted her results from her initial attempt. Check them out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They saved the finger..

This was supposed to be an easy, carefree weekend.  One of those rare weekends where spontaneity is possible because plans were not made ahead of time.  We could lounge on the couch, work on our hobbies, or even do a little shopping.  And, no, I'm not referring to the necessary evil of grocery shopping, but the much more enjoyable version where you get to buy things that actually make you happy. Because the oldest boy needed some pants and the youngest could use a new pair of shoes, I decided to head into the city to do some shopping at Kohl's.  Of course, my decision to shop there was not quite so altruistic.  Mama needed a new bathing suit! So, I pack the kids up and head into the city.  The youngest picks out his shoes . The oldest tries on a few pairs of jeans and ends up with two in the basket.  Did I mention we have to shop in the men's department now?  That he's wearing size 29?  My baby is growing up! Then it was Mom's turn.  I was looking ove

Camping with Little Boys

  Our first travel trailer. I don't remember camping much with my family as a kid. This is likely because we always had the same vacation destination: a family plot in Baldwin, MI. There was no cabin there. Instead, there were two structures: a small, silver camper and an old single-wide trailer. The silver camper is gone but the single-wide still sits there and is used by extended family members to this day.  It wasn't until I was a teenager that my step-mom and dad bought a pop-up trailer and we started camping elsewhere in the state. My memory isn't the greatest, but I'm almost certain they got the pop-up after I started dating Ken. Eventually, my parents upgraded to a fifth wheel that my dad still pulls around to various nearby camping spots. Ken, by contrast, didn't have a set vacation destination growing up. His family camped. They started out with a truck-bed camper, I believe, and eventually upgraded to a fifth wheel.  Ken and I vacationed both in Baldwin an

It Should Be Our 28th Wedding Anniversary

I had to do the math twice. Probably because I'm really bad at math. Today should have been our 28th wedding anniversary. We only made it to 26, which is so impressive when you consider how many marriages end in divorce.  So, because I have no doubt in my mind we would have been married still today had cancer not taken him, I want to honor our special day. So, here's a Happy Should Have Been Anniversary to my hubby in heaven.  Today, as I recognize what should have been and think about what was, I figured I'd share not only some lovely pictures from our wedding day but I'd explain how this widow plans to move through October 15, 2022.  In just a little bit, I'm joining another Millington widow at a Widow's Luncheon, which is being hosted by the Amish Church in Millington. I'm a bit nervous, to be honest, because I don't know what to expect. On my best days, I consider mys