Skip to main content

Controversial Topics

I think I know why traffic here is so slow. I'm not controversial. I don't post or, more importantly, argue my personal views on politics, religion, or anything else that could remotely be considered a "hot topic". I don't post anything revealing. Not about me and not about my family. I shy away from mentioning work. I avoid bad-mouthing people if I can. I rarely rant.

What I do post are updates on activities concerning me, the boys, and my hubby. This, my friends, amounts to the ultimate in boring blogs.

Damn, that sucks.

But do I want to write entries that will stir up more than casual interest? Do I want to risk the flame wars and name-calling? Do I have the energy to not only present my views but to fight to support them? Here in blogland I'm not terribly concerned with swaying popular opinion, or defending my buying into popular opinion if that's the case.

Oddly enough, in person, I'm very open. Some people might even consider me out-spoken. More so when you make the mistake of asking me for my opinion. And trust me, I always have an opinion. Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it well thought out, but I guarantee I have one on almost any subject you'd like to discuss.

Want to know what I think about the Governor? Ask me over a cup of Chai.

Want to talk religion? I'm all for it as long as I can look you in the eye.

Want to know who I'm going to vote for come the next Presidental election? I'll tell you and defend my reasoning as long as we can do it over lunch or dinner.

Yet, here in this very public forum, I avoid these topics. I stay safe. I stay boring.

And no one ever comments. Considering my non-confrontational blogging style, this really shouldn't come as a surprise. So to all those who do take a second or two to comment on any of my inane posts:

THANK YOU.

Comments

  1. You are very welcome!!!!

    And thank you for your thoughts and advice on my latest post. I guess, all in all, I have become extremely sensitive to situations so minor that I am having a hard time just trying to get over things and to just let them go. Sometimes I will turn into a bitch and fly off the handle, and others I will be moody and bothered by things for weeks at a time! Either way, it's not me, and I hate it! So it seems my work has been cut out for me to not let EVERY LITTLE THING get under my skin. And who knows, maybe this has been a few months of worse than normal PMS! Haha! Give all of your boys a hug for me! And get someone to hug you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:15 PM

    You're not the most controversial person in the world until it comes to your family. :~)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They saved the finger..

This was supposed to be an easy, carefree weekend.  One of those rare weekends where spontaneity is possible because plans were not made ahead of time.  We could lounge on the couch, work on our hobbies, or even do a little shopping.  And, no, I'm not referring to the necessary evil of grocery shopping, but the much more enjoyable version where you get to buy things that actually make you happy. Because the oldest boy needed some pants and the youngest could use a new pair of shoes, I decided to head into the city to do some shopping at Kohl's.  Of course, my decision to shop there was not quite so altruistic.  Mama needed a new bathing suit! So, I pack the kids up and head into the city.  The youngest picks out his shoes . The oldest tries on a few pairs of jeans and ends up with two in the basket.  Did I mention we have to shop in the men's department now?  That he's wearing size 29?  My baby is growing up! Then it was Mom's turn.  I was looking ove

Camping with Little Boys

  Our first travel trailer. I don't remember camping much with my family as a kid. This is likely because we always had the same vacation destination: a family plot in Baldwin, MI. There was no cabin there. Instead, there were two structures: a small, silver camper and an old single-wide trailer. The silver camper is gone but the single-wide still sits there and is used by extended family members to this day.  It wasn't until I was a teenager that my step-mom and dad bought a pop-up trailer and we started camping elsewhere in the state. My memory isn't the greatest, but I'm almost certain they got the pop-up after I started dating Ken. Eventually, my parents upgraded to a fifth wheel that my dad still pulls around to various nearby camping spots. Ken, by contrast, didn't have a set vacation destination growing up. His family camped. They started out with a truck-bed camper, I believe, and eventually upgraded to a fifth wheel.  Ken and I vacationed both in Baldwin an

I Heart Faces Week 18 Entry - Laughter

We had a lovely time at the tea house on Saturday. After eating three scrumptious courses and drinking a variety of teas , we decided to try on a few hats . There were also gloves, tiaras, boas, and fur stoles. It was fun being a little girl again, even for a few minutes. We giggled and we laughed, which made this shot possible: