A Surprising Find

I had to work today. The University held an openhouse meant to draw in non-traditional students (basically anyone not right out of high school). With all the pending layoffs and buy-outs in the automotive industry, there's a huge target audience in our backyard. Unfortunately, I guess no one got the memo. Hardly anyone showed up.

On the upside, this meant I got to leave early. I got my hair cut. Bought Mother's Day gifts for my mom and mother-in-law. Grabbed some lunch.

While I was doing my shopping I couldn't resist buying a little something for myself. They had a discount counter at the Christian Bookstore. There were quite a few fiction titles, so I treated myself. Now, I don't read a lot of Christian fiction, but that's mainly because there aren't many titles on the shelves where I shop. It's rare I find the time to visit an actual bookstore.

I'll have to let you know what I think of Gideon's Dawn. The back cover sounded interesting enough. I was especially surprised to find a fantasy novel in this particular bookstore. I hadn't realized such a book would be accepted in a Christian-themed store. Of course, I assume this book has a very significant Christian message somewhere within its pages. Otherwise, why would the store stock it, right?