Skip to main content

Tagged

Okay, this is Michelle's fault. :)

Total Number of Books I Own:
Hm. A lot. They're stacked on bookshelves and stowed away in boxes. If I had to guess I'd say maybe 300 or more. That might be too conservative. Or not. I don't know...I've never counted them!

Last Books I Bought:
Both books were purchased on my last trip to Borders: Wi'tch's Gate and Wi'tch's Star by James Clemens. I already had the first three books and wanted to complete the series. Note: The apostrophes sprinkled here and there for no apparent reason made my fingers itch for a red pen. Otherwise very enjoyable.


Last Books I Read:

Those would have to be the last two I purchased. I'm currently reading Binder's Road by Terry McGarry, the book I had bought on a previous trip to Borders.


5 Books That Mean A Lot To Me:
This is a mean one. It's like making me choose which child I love more. It's just not possible! So I'm going to cheat.

Johanna Lindsey introduced me to the world of adult fiction. Not all of her stories work for me but more do than don't. If I had to single out a single title I would have to pick Captive Bride. It was the first historical romance I ever read and I loved it. Since then I've become very attached to her Mallory series, which begins with Love Only Once.

I don't particularly care for Stephen's Kings more recent releases but one of his books will always be right up there at the top of my favorites list. The Stand is a simply amazing story. If you haven't read it, you really should. The movie they made is crap compared to the book.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I hestitate to say this was the first fantasy I ever read but I can't think of any that preceded it. The magic of the wardrobe still enchants me. I can't wait until my boys are old enough to appreciate it. Maybe the movie they're releasing in December will help!

The Anne of Green Gables series will always hold a special place in my heart. I used to read these stories to my little sisters. Of course, I was mean and made them rub my feet while I read. LOL

Oh, there's so many more! I could go on and on. But I won't.

Comments

  1. Hi, Krista! Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    I saw you asked about how Medium's finale ended. I actually missed the first 25 minutes or so and haven't had time to re-watch the whole thing yet, but I did watch the ending. The old cop she'd worked with before came to visit her in the middle of the night while she was sleeping, totally freaking her out. He'd had a heart attack and actually died a few moments. In the dream part, he told her everybody was "related" and "the next victim is..." and then she woke up.

    Another body showed up and they'd just started to realize that the victims WERE related through DNA testing, but still no clue who the killer was. The show ended with the old cop cutting off all his heart monitors, supposedly in an effort to die again long enough to warn Allison or provide her with the information she needed to solve the case. Then we got the old "To be Continued."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's rotten. Guess I didn't miss much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:51 PM

    Sigh on the Medium finale, I was so sad to miss it but I would have just been frustrated.

    And Krista, one of my favorite books from when I was a kid was The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They saved the finger..

This was supposed to be an easy, carefree weekend.  One of those rare weekends where spontaneity is possible because plans were not made ahead of time.  We could lounge on the couch, work on our hobbies, or even do a little shopping.  And, no, I'm not referring to the necessary evil of grocery shopping, but the much more enjoyable version where you get to buy things that actually make you happy. Because the oldest boy needed some pants and the youngest could use a new pair of shoes, I decided to head into the city to do some shopping at Kohl's.  Of course, my decision to shop there was not quite so altruistic.  Mama needed a new bathing suit! So, I pack the kids up and head into the city.  The youngest picks out his shoes . The oldest tries on a few pairs of jeans and ends up with two in the basket.  Did I mention we have to shop in the men's department now?  That he's wearing size 29?  My baby is growing up! Then it was Mom's turn.  I was looking ove

Camping with Little Boys

  Our first travel trailer. I don't remember camping much with my family as a kid. This is likely because we always had the same vacation destination: a family plot in Baldwin, MI. There was no cabin there. Instead, there were two structures: a small, silver camper and an old single-wide trailer. The silver camper is gone but the single-wide still sits there and is used by extended family members to this day.  It wasn't until I was a teenager that my step-mom and dad bought a pop-up trailer and we started camping elsewhere in the state. My memory isn't the greatest, but I'm almost certain they got the pop-up after I started dating Ken. Eventually, my parents upgraded to a fifth wheel that my dad still pulls around to various nearby camping spots. Ken, by contrast, didn't have a set vacation destination growing up. His family camped. They started out with a truck-bed camper, I believe, and eventually upgraded to a fifth wheel.  Ken and I vacationed both in Baldwin an

It Should Be Our 28th Wedding Anniversary

I had to do the math twice. Probably because I'm really bad at math. Today should have been our 28th wedding anniversary. We only made it to 26, which is so impressive when you consider how many marriages end in divorce.  So, because I have no doubt in my mind we would have been married still today had cancer not taken him, I want to honor our special day. So, here's a Happy Should Have Been Anniversary to my hubby in heaven.  Today, as I recognize what should have been and think about what was, I figured I'd share not only some lovely pictures from our wedding day but I'd explain how this widow plans to move through October 15, 2022.  In just a little bit, I'm joining another Millington widow at a Widow's Luncheon, which is being hosted by the Amish Church in Millington. I'm a bit nervous, to be honest, because I don't know what to expect. On my best days, I consider mys