Skip to main content

100 Things

1. I have two beautiful little boys.

2. I started scrapbooking in 1998. I've been addicted ever since.

3. I am a book junkie. I may need professional help.

4. My biggest aspiration is to become a published writer--one that makes enough money to quit her day job.

5. Wait. Biggest aspiration might actually be to be the best mother I can be.

6. I am a Christian.

7. I have one dog and one cat. Both are black.

8. Def Leppard is one of my favorite bands of all time. My husband makes fun of me because I love attending their concerts.

9. I may bitch about Michigan but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

10. I have been out of the country several times, mostly to Canada. Once to the Bahamas. For the record, Customs makes me nervous even though there's absolutely no reason why it should.

11. I want to take my kids to Disneyland before they're too old to enjoy it.

12. I went to Disneyland when I was 5. Don't remember a damn thing but I've seen the pictures, which always bring a smile to my lips.

13. I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers; one of my sisters isn't by blood.

14. Technically, I have 8 step-siblings but the other 7 really don't count.

15. My parents divorced when I was 10. Nasty business.

16. I want a Yorkie.

17. My favorite romance author is Johanna Lindsey. I so wish she had a blog. Hell, even an official website would be nice.

18. I usually manage to kill house plants within two weeks. Oddly, I have a plant in my office that has managed to survive for 4 1/2 years.

19. My husband helped build our house.

20. I work a 40-hour a week desk job. Have I mentioned I'd rather be writing?

21. I married my high school sweetheart.

22. Someday I want to visit the Pyramids.

23. I can't spell without a keyboard.

24. Favorite color: green.

25. I enjoy camping but not in a tent.

26. Rock, country, pop, rap...I listen to a bit of each.

27. Naked hottub parties are a thing of the past.

28. I've danced on the bar at Coyote Ugly in Las Vegas, Nevada. Yes, I was drunk.

29. I don't like to drink water even though I know it's good for me. It's too bland.

30. Some people have a cabin up north. We have a trialer we call a cabin.

31. As a child I painted broken glass with nailpolish.

32. I hate onions.

33. I love hot chocolate with whipped cream on top.

34. I ran track my sophomore year of high school. I totally sucked!

35. I can't read music.

36. I love watching Disney cartoons with my kids. When they move out of the house or outgrow them, I'll have to fess up to buying them for myself.

37. I paint ceramics. Mostly holiday decorations.

38. Exercising is torture.

39. Favorite movies: Star Wars (the original series), Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman, HellBoy, Lord of the Rings, Tombstone, Young Guns, Lost Boys

40. I'm a sucker for the Sci-Fi channel.

41. Know-it-alls annoy me.

42. I read books and watch television in the pursuit of entertainment. I'm not concerned with how smart my reading material or channel selection makes me look.

43. I've cried watching Winnie-the-Pooh.

44. Encouraging people to follow their dreams is important to me.

45. I'm afraid of what it'll be like to have 9 teenage boys in the family. They're so close in age and most will attend the same high school....

46. Family is forever.

47. I don't have to like you to love you.

48. I'm a bit of a snob.

49. I have no reason to be a snob.

50. Bath and Body Works rocks.

51. I'd be lost without my camera.

52. Being a parent is one of the hardest jobs I've ever had. Luckily, I love it too much to complain.

53. Hawaii is in my future if the hubby knows what's good for him. ;-)

54. I took three years of foreign language (two years of French and one year of Spanish) while in high school. I hardly remember any of it.

55. When in the sun I tend to burn and peel. Burn and peel.

56. My children's artwork decorates my office.

57. I wish I could draw.

58. My senior year of high school I wanted to be a marine biologist. Yet, I decided to pursue a medical assisting degree upon graduation. Oh, the things we do for love...

59. I am not a medical assistant.

60. I am related two two medical assistants.

61. I'm the first born in my family. If you don't know what this means, there's lots of books out there on the topic.

62. I love soaking in a bubble bath with a good book for company.

63. I've only been in one fist-fight. With my cousin.

64. I lost touch with my best friend from high school. Emails once or twice a year really don't reflect how much she meant to me during those trying years.

65. I have thick hair. Hairstylists love me. (That's sarcasm, people.)

66. I'm embarrassed to admit I had a crush on Michael Jackson during his Thriller days.

67. I played with Barbies way after I should have stopped.

68. I don't own a globe but would like to. Why I just don't buy one is beyond me.

69. I have an incurable sweet tooth.

70. Blue Moon ice cream is scrumptious.

71. Life without pizza and pasta would be tragic.

72. I have the best husband in the world. Seriously. I'm so spoiled.

73. My husband and I met on a rafting trip when I was 15. We started dating two months later.

74. I've received a hand-written rejection from Tor Books with rather vague recommendations on how to improve the story. Someday I will rewrite that story and resubmit it.

75. I'm going to school for a Bachelor of Applied Science degree. I have 10 classes left. At the rate I'm going, they will take me approximately 5 years to complete.

76. I look good in turquoise.

77. I hate driving at night.

78. I never throw away a scrapbooking magazine. This could become an issue someday.

79. My favorite suspense writer: Dean Koontz.

80. I have a lava lamp in my office.

81. I also have several pictures of my kids decorating my office.

82. My husband agreed to let me turn a corner of our basement into a scrapbooking room. He even built shelves for me to put all my stuff on. What a man!

83. I love dried fruit.

84. Stargazer Lilies are my favorite flower.

85. I grew up in the country.

86. I lived in the city for 7 long years.

87. I'm so glad to be back in the country!

88. I have spent hours wandering through a bookstore. Of course, I didn't leave empty handed.

89. Clearance sales rock!

90. Las Vegas is one of my favorite adult vacation spots.

91. I'd wear jeans every day if my boss would let me.

92. Dairy Queen blizzards can cure my blues.

93. I've driven over 350 miles just to go scrapbooking.

94. When we'd get bored, I force my cousin to write stories because I thought it was fun.

95. I used to have a recurring nightmare about a big, green, slimy thing that would come out of the swamp next to my childhood home and chase me until it trapped me in the basement. (Apparently, my parents used to tell me to stay away from the swamps because that's where the boogeyman lived.)

96. My great-great grandma used to live right next door to me.

97. My great-grandma lives with my mom.

98. I had my ears pierced in first grade.

99. My first novel was a historical romance. As a reader and a writer.

100. It has taken me three days to do this 100 things list.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:46 PM

    I wanted to visit the pyramids, but my father's cousin told me to visit Sao Paolo in Brazil instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:51 PM

    Have you ever considered that Johanna Lindsey might really be a man. It happens. After all, Dean Koontz was a "woman" writing romance when he still needed the cash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose her jacket pictures could be of someone other than the author....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They saved the finger..

This was supposed to be an easy, carefree weekend.  One of those rare weekends where spontaneity is possible because plans were not made ahead of time.  We could lounge on the couch, work on our hobbies, or even do a little shopping.  And, no, I'm not referring to the necessary evil of grocery shopping, but the much more enjoyable version where you get to buy things that actually make you happy. Because the oldest boy needed some pants and the youngest could use a new pair of shoes, I decided to head into the city to do some shopping at Kohl's.  Of course, my decision to shop there was not quite so altruistic.  Mama needed a new bathing suit! So, I pack the kids up and head into the city.  The youngest picks out his shoes . The oldest tries on a few pairs of jeans and ends up with two in the basket.  Did I mention we have to shop in the men's department now?  That he's wearing size 29?  My baby is growing up! Then it was Mom's turn.  I was looking ove

Camping with Little Boys

  Our first travel trailer. I don't remember camping much with my family as a kid. This is likely because we always had the same vacation destination: a family plot in Baldwin, MI. There was no cabin there. Instead, there were two structures: a small, silver camper and an old single-wide trailer. The silver camper is gone but the single-wide still sits there and is used by extended family members to this day.  It wasn't until I was a teenager that my step-mom and dad bought a pop-up trailer and we started camping elsewhere in the state. My memory isn't the greatest, but I'm almost certain they got the pop-up after I started dating Ken. Eventually, my parents upgraded to a fifth wheel that my dad still pulls around to various nearby camping spots. Ken, by contrast, didn't have a set vacation destination growing up. His family camped. They started out with a truck-bed camper, I believe, and eventually upgraded to a fifth wheel.  Ken and I vacationed both in Baldwin an

It Should Be Our 28th Wedding Anniversary

I had to do the math twice. Probably because I'm really bad at math. Today should have been our 28th wedding anniversary. We only made it to 26, which is so impressive when you consider how many marriages end in divorce.  So, because I have no doubt in my mind we would have been married still today had cancer not taken him, I want to honor our special day. So, here's a Happy Should Have Been Anniversary to my hubby in heaven.  Today, as I recognize what should have been and think about what was, I figured I'd share not only some lovely pictures from our wedding day but I'd explain how this widow plans to move through October 15, 2022.  In just a little bit, I'm joining another Millington widow at a Widow's Luncheon, which is being hosted by the Amish Church in Millington. I'm a bit nervous, to be honest, because I don't know what to expect. On my best days, I consider mys