Busy Weekend

Sometimes the weekends are so busy it feels as if I've hardly had a chance to sit down and relax. When you work full-time inside and outside the home, sitting and relaxing can be very important. It's good for your health, mental and physical.

This weekend was so very busy. No wonder I'm sitting here exhausted.


Friday night, after work, we picked up the kids and drove out to my cousin's house. My hubby had fixed her computer and as payment she and her husband took us out to dinner. We went to the Capri, which we used to frequent on our double-dates during high school. Only it's been 16 years and there were four extra people sitting at the table: our two boys, their two girls. It's hard to believe the four us--me and my husband, her and her husband--used to regularly go out on double-dates and now we're all married and procreating. Two sets of high school sweethearts. What are the odds?

After dinner we went back to their house. I looked at her scrapbook and helped her with a two page spread while our kids destroyed the playroom and our husbands watched the Piston's game. We had just cleaned up the messes (scrapbooking and kids toys) when the Piston's game erupted into foolishness. I've never been so ashamed of our fans! I sincerely hope the video tapes lead to some arrests. And I'm glad the NBA acted quickly and decisively with their punishments to the players involved.


I cleaned my house. This may not sound all that impressive but you have no idea how dirty it was! I swept and mopped, vacuumed (including doing the edging and the stairs), did laundry, cleaned the two main floor bathrooms.

I also had to take a quiz and participate in the weekly discussion thread for my online class. I'm so ready for this semester to be over! And I'm wondering why I'm torturing myself with another class in the Winter...

After finishing housework and homework, I finally jumped in the shower and got ready to go out. A group of us (me and the hubby, his sister and her hubby, and our best friends) were going to the movies. Once ready I had to drop the kids off at my dad's house and rush back home--hubby had shot a doe prior to my leaving and was hoping the other two guys would be able to help him get it hung up. Of course, that didn't go as smoothly as he had hoped, which meant we were even more rushed than we already had been.

But what did all this rushing result in? Arriving at the theatre five minutes before the movie was scheduled to start only to find a line stretching across the front of the building. A line! Well, the first showing of National Treasure was at 7:15 and the next wasn't until 10:00. We had nearly three hours to waste. So, we went out to dinner, which turned out to be a lot of fun. We ordered appetizers and dessert with our drinks and spent the next two hours talking and laughing.

The movie was pretty good. Very long, though. It was nearly 1:00 a.m. by the time we got home.


I had set the alarm for 8:00 a.m. to make sure I had plenty of time to get myself ready for church and then to get over to my dad's house to get the boys ready. Perfect timing. I got to my dad's to find his girlfriend and my sister (the one who is living with him because her husband's an ass) had fed the kids breakfast. I put the boys into the shower, got them dressed, and ready to go in plenty of time. Then my sister and I, with our four kids, went off to church while Dad's girlfriend went off to AA.

After church I went home, changed into comfy clothes, ate lunch, and packed up my scrapbooking supplies. My sister-in-law had invited me and my sister over. So while our children--a total of 7--played outside and napped, we scrapbooked. I got a two-page spread done, my sister got one page done, and my sister-in-law got three pages done. Not a very productive session but I guess some progress is better than none.

I got home around 6:30. While I took care of my stuff, hubby made dinner for the boys and himself. (I did the microwave thing for myself) After we ate, my 6 year old had reading homework to do, which both hubby and I helped with. After homework it was finally time to settle the kids down with a movie.

Finally, at 8:00 p.m. on Sunday evening, I was able to sit down and relax!