Done!

Ha! Just finished the second paper I had to write for tomorrow's class. I thought this one would be so much easier than the first. Not even close. The first one, my commentary, was fun to write. I focused on the use of color in Cristina Garcia's Dreaming in Cuban. While others may be bored by it, I find the whole pyschological impact of color to be fascinating.

Paper #2 was a bit more painful to write. We had to identify a community and focus on questions like whether or not women empower or undermine each other. I identified the unique combination of gender and ethnicity of the characters as their community. Then I addressed the issue of empowerment and whether or not I felt the two books in question handled the question in the same manner. Took for-flipping-ever!

But the papers are done and I'm ever so grateful. The only homework I should have to worry about over the holiday weekend is reading the next book on our reading list...oh, the agony! lol

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Books of 2016

80s Festival

No-bake Cookies