Skip to main content

Faster Horses


I had heard about Faster Horses but this was my first time attending the three-day country music festival. The headliners were Morgan Wallen, Eric Church, and Tim McGraw. 

An important note: I was a big country music fan back in the mid-90s and early 2000s. This means I know a lot of Tim McGraw's backlist and was excited to see him perform.  However, this also means I hardly knew any of his new stuff, had listened to only a handful of Eric Church's songs, and absolutely none of Morgan Wallen's music. 

I am not a Morgan Wallen fan. Sorry. I tried. I really did. Just not a fan.

Eric Church has some songs I enjoy singing along with in the car. 

Tim is Tim. He was the musical highlight of the festival for me. 

The true highlight of the festival, though, was getting to spend a weekend away with my sisters and sister-in-law. I'd include Gage and Hallie in that, too, but they spent most of the weekend with Gavin and his friends. I think they may have also hung out a bit with Jack. In short, they really only slept in the camper with us and would head off as soon as they got themselves up and around the next morning. 

At our campsite, which was ideally located near the back of a lot with really clean port-a-potties nearby, we had my motorhome and Megan's tent. Chrissy and Megan slept in the tent. I shared my bed with Jaime while Gage and Hallie slept in the bunk over the cab. The table and benches were covered with luggage, food, and beverages. 

Luckily, my onboard generator provided us with power and the festival grounds provided us with a place to fill up my water tank. This meant we could do dishes when necessasry and take really brief showers. However, the water situation wasn't ideal. Longer showers could be found at the shower station within walking distance of our site or we could use the portable shower system I had bought for just this occasion. 

Our group.

The shower stall.

Attaching the water bag to the camper ladder so gravity could do its thing.

Overall, the camping was really quite comfortable and I wasn't at all worried about the motorhome. Not only were we in the back corner of the field, but we were also surrounded by very respectful and (mostly) quiet neighbors. We even let the kids (they were in their 20s) pull their table under my lit awning and play games. We had outdoor lights, which are very useful when trying to play drinking games after the concerts have ended.

Tim

Look at that crowd!

After dark.

Despite the insanely hot weather, I enjoyed myself. It was fun hanging out with Megan, Chrissy, and Jaime. I also discovered a couple of smaller artists that I enjoyed listening to in the Off Nashville tent or on the main stage. 

The question is whether or not I'd go again? I must admit I'm not feeling inclined to rush out and buy tickets for next year. When I'm at a concert, I want to sing along with the artist and I just didn't know enough of the music to be able to do that. Now, I know I could start listening to more country music over the next twelve months, but I'm not going to. I like the genres I listen to now. 

So, as of today, no. I don't think I'd go again. Not unless my taste in music undergoes a major overhaul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They saved the finger..

This was supposed to be an easy, carefree weekend.  One of those rare weekends where spontaneity is possible because plans were not made ahead of time.  We could lounge on the couch, work on our hobbies, or even do a little shopping.  And, no, I'm not referring to the necessary evil of grocery shopping, but the much more enjoyable version where you get to buy things that actually make you happy. Because the oldest boy needed some pants and the youngest could use a new pair of shoes, I decided to head into the city to do some shopping at Kohl's.  Of course, my decision to shop there was not quite so altruistic.  Mama needed a new bathing suit! So, I pack the kids up and head into the city.  The youngest picks out his shoes . The oldest tries on a few pairs of jeans and ends up with two in the basket.  Did I mention we have to shop in the men's department now?  That he's wearing size 29?  My baby is growing up! Then it was Mom's turn.  I was looking ove

Camping with Little Boys

  Our first travel trailer. I don't remember camping much with my family as a kid. This is likely because we always had the same vacation destination: a family plot in Baldwin, MI. There was no cabin there. Instead, there were two structures: a small, silver camper and an old single-wide trailer. The silver camper is gone but the single-wide still sits there and is used by extended family members to this day.  It wasn't until I was a teenager that my step-mom and dad bought a pop-up trailer and we started camping elsewhere in the state. My memory isn't the greatest, but I'm almost certain they got the pop-up after I started dating Ken. Eventually, my parents upgraded to a fifth wheel that my dad still pulls around to various nearby camping spots. Ken, by contrast, didn't have a set vacation destination growing up. His family camped. They started out with a truck-bed camper, I believe, and eventually upgraded to a fifth wheel.  Ken and I vacationed both in Baldwin an

It Should Be Our 28th Wedding Anniversary

I had to do the math twice. Probably because I'm really bad at math. Today should have been our 28th wedding anniversary. We only made it to 26, which is so impressive when you consider how many marriages end in divorce.  So, because I have no doubt in my mind we would have been married still today had cancer not taken him, I want to honor our special day. So, here's a Happy Should Have Been Anniversary to my hubby in heaven.  Today, as I recognize what should have been and think about what was, I figured I'd share not only some lovely pictures from our wedding day but I'd explain how this widow plans to move through October 15, 2022.  In just a little bit, I'm joining another Millington widow at a Widow's Luncheon, which is being hosted by the Amish Church in Millington. I'm a bit nervous, to be honest, because I don't know what to expect. On my best days, I consider mys