Skip to main content

What a Weekend!

Friday I burned up one of my vacation days so I could stay home with a sick puppy. Yes, puppy. The children were fine and went to school. Puppy on the other hand had some serious intestinal issues. I seriously contemplated taking him to the vet, but the vet assistant assured me that as long as things didn't deteriorate, he would be fine. When he managed to make it through several hours without any explosions, I began to feel a little less anxious.

Not that I didn't keep him locked in his kennel most of the day. I did. Cleaning the diarrhea out of there is bad enough. I didn't want to worry about the carpets!

This gave me lots of time to clean my house, which was desperately needed. I even did the windows! I know!

Later that night, after the hubby got home, I was supposed to go visit my Grandma. Although I always enjoy visiting Grandma, I did have an ulterior motive. I needed to interview her for the assignment due Monday (today).

I was just about ready to walk out the door when the phone rings and my father-in-law tells me that my mother-in-law is in the hospital. He tells me she's okay, but they think she had a stroke. "Don't come up. You can come tomorrow", he says.

Yeah. Off to the hospital we went.

The interview with Grandma never happened because she left the next day to go visit one of her daughter's "up north". This left me with my dad, which turned out just fine. I interviewed him on Sunday. Even took along my little tape recorder. Although, honestly, I think Grandma will provide me with more details if we can ever manage to hook up.

But I skipped Saturday!

I didn't go to the kids' soccer games because I was too busy getting ready to host a Partylite show. I made Roasted Pumpkin Soup and cucumber sandwiches. There were store-bought goodies, too, like cookies and a pumpkin roll.

After the party a few of us scrapbooked. I got three pages done, which sounds better than it really was. The first two-page spread was already halfway completed when I brought it upstairs. The other page is fairly simple with no embellishment.

Once everyone left...I crashed. I was so tired from the nights of no sleep and working like a madwoman to get the house presentable before company arrived.

Comments

  1. It was quite the weekend ;-) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...Partylite candles. I heart candles. And from one troubled doggy bowel-ed owner to another ... I have sympathy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah!

    YOu know, if you want to buy a candle or two, my lady has a website. Let me know if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowza! That's discipline. If I were stuck home with a sick dog, I'd probably be at the computer 97% of the time. LOL. Have a great week and thanks for visiting my blog. Would love to know how you got there... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They saved the finger..

This was supposed to be an easy, carefree weekend.  One of those rare weekends where spontaneity is possible because plans were not made ahead of time.  We could lounge on the couch, work on our hobbies, or even do a little shopping.  And, no, I'm not referring to the necessary evil of grocery shopping, but the much more enjoyable version where you get to buy things that actually make you happy. Because the oldest boy needed some pants and the youngest could use a new pair of shoes, I decided to head into the city to do some shopping at Kohl's.  Of course, my decision to shop there was not quite so altruistic.  Mama needed a new bathing suit! So, I pack the kids up and head into the city.  The youngest picks out his shoes . The oldest tries on a few pairs of jeans and ends up with two in the basket.  Did I mention we have to shop in the men's department now?  That he's wearing size 29?  My baby is growing up! Then it was Mom's turn.  I was looking ove

Camping with Little Boys

  Our first travel trailer. I don't remember camping much with my family as a kid. This is likely because we always had the same vacation destination: a family plot in Baldwin, MI. There was no cabin there. Instead, there were two structures: a small, silver camper and an old single-wide trailer. The silver camper is gone but the single-wide still sits there and is used by extended family members to this day.  It wasn't until I was a teenager that my step-mom and dad bought a pop-up trailer and we started camping elsewhere in the state. My memory isn't the greatest, but I'm almost certain they got the pop-up after I started dating Ken. Eventually, my parents upgraded to a fifth wheel that my dad still pulls around to various nearby camping spots. Ken, by contrast, didn't have a set vacation destination growing up. His family camped. They started out with a truck-bed camper, I believe, and eventually upgraded to a fifth wheel.  Ken and I vacationed both in Baldwin an

I Heart Faces Week 18 Entry - Laughter

We had a lovely time at the tea house on Saturday. After eating three scrumptious courses and drinking a variety of teas , we decided to try on a few hats . There were also gloves, tiaras, boas, and fur stoles. It was fun being a little girl again, even for a few minutes. We giggled and we laughed, which made this shot possible: